Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cambodiacious

Having a great time so far in Phnomh Penh, although the banana blossom salad I had for dinner last night has created a bit of ruckus (nothing huge) and is a timely reminder to be a bit more careful with food.

Khmer food is very salty and not very spicy, luckily I got a good dose of Malaysian sambal on the epic that was the low cost carrier journey to get here.....

Cambodia is a bustliing hive of construction activity there is some serious rebuilding activity going on here. I have been travelling about with a really nice group of turkish travel agents and a chinese woman from beijing and who speaks excellent american english.. They are all leaving to go to Siem Reap today and I am off to the monastery to teach english to the monks and do a cooking class tomorrw... then I need to take a deep breath and dive off into the countryside by myself, which is a little scary, all the more reason to do it, I will be making my way down to the Cardamon Mountains to see if they smell as sweet as they sound....
much love and merry christmas, janine
PS - No escape from chrissy here, there is no way cambodia was going to miss the party!!! Santa hats everywhere....

1 comment:

Olyal said...

Okay, so first I hear you've upped stumps and moved to Perth and now you're taking off into the Cambodian wilderness on your own???

Love you. Big Vanners hugs and kisses coming your way!